The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) continues with its promise to work with the federal contract community, replacing the previous administration’s adversary posture towards contractors.
The OFCCP has continued to host Town Hall meetings to hear the needs of the contractor community, build a better working relationship, and further the mission of affirmative action/equal employment opportunity obligations. After receiving feedback from seven Town Hall meetings, OFCCP has identified emerging themes that it will focus on to assist contractors with their equal employment opportunity obligations. They include:
- Enhanced resources for protected veterans
- Enhanced disability inclusion resources
- Effective resources for Native American Employment Rights
- Better collaboration between contractors and OFCCP
- Improved compliance assistance programs
- Assist contractors with created better outreach and diverse talent pools.
OFCCP will provide updates to their progress in creating these and other programs on their website over the next 12 months.